Front Counter Sales
Fastime Racing is an engine machine shop located in Taylor, MI. We specialize in breathing new life into engines of many shapes, sizes and varieties for both professional shops and do-it-yourself enthusiasts. Our machine shop is fully equipped with both machines from days past as well as modern precision equipment. Beyond machining, honing, boring, cleaning, assembling and running engines on our dynamometer we have a completely stocked retail shop to further service our customer’s needs. Fastime has a decades long history in the Metro Detroit area and we’re looking for you to join our team.
Our parts counter is the center of attention in the shop and you’ll deal directly with customers as they search for their dream motor or try to find the parts they need to complete their project. We have both walk-in customers and a phone that likes to ring so multitasking is the norm. We expect you to be organized, courteous, helpful and able to absorb new information/processed as we grow our product line and footprint. Our employees and customers are gearheads so being in the racing/automotive world is basically a must. We all have a love for this field!
- Assist customers with parts sales both in-person, over the phone and online (Facebook, Instagram, etc).
- Keep track of inventory and source parts both for inventory and projects as needed
- Supply complete and accurate quotes for customer’s engine projects based on our engine build templates.
- Help us build this business with your feedback, customer service skills, great attitude and humor.
- Fantastic people skills. Your main role is talking to our customers and ensuring they feel great about the process.
- Phone, email and social media skills are helpful (basically, be able to communicate clearly both written and verbally and you’ll be fine).
- We use computers for just about everything so you’ll need a working knowledge of email and text editing tools like Microsoft Word and/or the Google docs tools.
- We’d like you to have experience in automotive counter work and/or wholesaling. This is a detail business and being immersed in the field already is a huge plus.
It’s all about the details so being detail-oriented (caring about the little things) and organized is a necessity.
Contact Keith if you are interested.